Wednesday, February 22, 2012

So far so good

I have not had any running related problems since my last post. My knee is holding up well and I am feeling stronger with the increased distances I've been running. I already had a series of 19.5, 20.2, and 21.5 mile long runs that have gotten better in terms of overall strength. The 21.5 miler was last Saturday and on Sunday I tested the speed aspect with a 7 mile run (1 mile warm up and 1 mile cool down included) on the track. It wasn't an interval workout, just a workout to use the track to monitor how fast I was going per 400 meters. This certainly wasn't a difficult workout but it was fast enough to make sure my knee was OK with a faster pace for at least a shorter duration. Mile times were 6:45, 6:41, 6:39, 6:43, 6:29. The only issue I had with the run with the strong wind from the south. Other than that, no problems to report. This weekend I will do the same type workout on the track but for 8 miles instead of the 5. Sunday will be my drop back day for long runs after having three consecutive longer ones. I also want to get back on the track for an actual interval workout - if the snow doesn't have other ideas.

Runners Roost team meeting tomorrow evening. Excited to get some more information on what to expect. Should be a fun year.

No comments: